In order to get into the social media marketing of the local market, one should understand the features popular here. Once that is understood, one can focus on the power of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to expand the influential people in the local market.
Connect with people on Facebook
Over 1.4 million people are on Facebook but only a fraction of them live near you. However, there are many ways through which one can conquer the low organic reach of the Facebook.
- Promote the check-ins on Facebook for your business – When people come and check-in they are giving the visibility in the news feed. It depends on the business of how one wants to showcase the check-ins. One can either incentivize or just showcase reminders to check-in. This is a great way to promote business in the local market.
- Boost your posts from time to time – Some targeting tools are available on Facebook which includes the ability to target the lists uploaded through Facebook Ads. One should target the segmented and targeted email list to make sure that they see your posts.
- Promote events – Hosting the local events on social media can help to boost it a big time. Create a Facebook event from time to time to get the notifications and engage the audience.
Connect with communities on Twitter
Many do not consider Twitter the social colossus that Facebook has become, but it can really be valuable to the local market. One can use a catchy header icon so that people can recognize your brand with it.
- Use Twitter’s advanced search – For example, if you have your own bakery in town, then simply type “bakery” or “bakers” to know the audience within over 25-30 kilometers radius.
Find Leads on LinkedIn
The business-focused social media platform makes it easy to find people in a jiffy. For examples, you want to find HR Professionals, search for HR and then use filters accordingly.
- Join Communities – The communities on LinkedIn are really active and all the professional people take time out to respond and participate in them.
Promote your business on Instagram
People who have a strong visual business, Instagram would be the right platform to use. Like Twitter, the Instagram profile has some amazing local branding options as well.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, there are others which can be used for targeting like Pinterest, Reddit, Blab, and Periscope. All these platforms use methods to target your extended neighborhood.