16 May

Why Web Has Become Less Friendly in 2018 as Compared to 2017?

Recent reports reveal that websites are less friendly as they were in comparison to 2017. Google has been warning the web publishers of the mobile-friendly index and the publishers have run to make the site friendly.

Why mobile sites are less friendly?

  • The average weight of Javascript has increased by 50.1%.
  • The average weight of CSS has increased by 36.8%.
  • The average weight of HTML needed to create a web page has increased by 117.5%.
  • The average weight of font downloads has increased by 18.3%.
  • The average weight of images has also increased by 13.9%.

Studies have also suggested that Internet has made people less religious and dogmatic. This is big news as information is available more widely which makes people think and change. It might be intuitive but still fascinating to see the reasoning behind it.

Because of the internet, a more partisan environment has been created with a rise of extremism. We have also seen people being less interested in organised religion in general.

Let us see some of the statistics of how internet has changed over a year!

  • 80% of the top Alexa websites were more mobile adaptive. So, if you want your website to perform well, it needs to be mobile optimised.
  • 51% of all digital budgets were spent on mobile.
  • By 2019, mobile advertising is expected to represent 72% of all the US digital ad spending.
  • Users on an average spend 69% of the media time on smartphones.
  • Google drives 96% of the mobile search followed by Yahoo at 2% and 1% on Bing.
  • Apps account for 89% of mobile media with the rest 11% spend on websites.
  • 71% of the marketers believe that mobile marketing is their core business.
  • 58% of the companies have a dedicated mobile marketing team.
Share this

Leave a reply